Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
(03-22-2017, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This may sound strange, but zI do not remember the two Super Bowl losses hurting as much as the '15 playoff loss.  I mean I was devastated by the SB losses, but I was still young and full of hope.  Fellow Bengal fans did not burst into laughter after the Super Bowl losses if someone said "There is always next year".  

Also the way we just absolutely gave away the '15 game was absolutely sickening.  When the Niners came back to win those Super Bowls they pretty much earned it.  But we just handed the game to the Steelers out of sheer stupidity.

And finally, no matter how much I hate the Niners I hate the Steelers more.  Back in the 80's we were not getting beaten down twice a year almost every year by the Niners.

That doesn't sound strange at all. In fact, it makes perfect sense. Very good post   ThumbsUp

I never understand Bengal fans who hold a grudge against the 49ers. Granted, I wasn't born until 1988 and was a mere suckling at the time they played their second super bowl but still, why the frustration with the 49er franchise? They won both Super Bowls fair and square. Sure, they had plenty of breaks go their way but that's not their fault. And plus, we only play them. What... Every 4 years on average? They're not anything like that disgusting franchise in PA.  There's nothing to hate, and plenty to respect IMO. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history - Pat5775 - 03-22-2017, 05:01 PM