Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder?
(03-25-2017, 02:34 PM)Shady Wrote: I don't know how far back we could trade and still have a legit shot at either Ross, Davis, Howard, or Foster, especially Foster. Signing Minter really has me shaking my head, but I guess it affirms Lapham's assertion that we're going DE or WR/TE ("receiver") in the first. 

trading back requires a trading partner...& I just don't see another team wanting to pay a HIGH price to move up to #9....I trust Lapham's opinion.....that's one reason why I thought it would be Taco b/c Thomas & Barnette would both be off the board & Taco is the next best DE & he fits the mold we prefer...some say he's a "slight" reach... I don't like to quote any mocks but...walter football has O.J. Howard at #6, Barnette #8 Foster to us at #9, Williams at #10 & Taco at #11...so these guys are all ranked pretty close together....on some mocks...
    one of our biggest needs is DE....we all know this....but there's quality DE's in the first 4 rds but of course the quality drops ....
    I was not a fan of Foster but w/ #58 Rey now gone it may be Foster....if so fine...but we still have a hole at DE that HAS  to be addressed, befor rd #4 imo........our "D" HAS TO GET more pressure on the QB's.... period...unless we want to win "shootouts" ...& our offense only scoring an avg of 20 points last yr isn't a good sign for that approach...
so at this time my preferred pick at #9 is a toss up b/t O.J. Howard, Foster or Taco...

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder? - Steve - 03-26-2017, 11:51 AM