Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder?
(03-26-2017, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool man, i have heard the Panthers like Solomon Thomas a touch more for their Defense and Fournette is also a
real possibility for them. Barnett is seeming the most likely pick for us right now to me, we will see. Taco i like if we
trade down, he has the size we look for but he is a little slow getting off blocks for me and dances around a bit too
much for my liking. Still like the guy, just not so much at 9.

Howard is definately growing on me. Great insurance in case Eifert is never the same or leaves, he might be even
better than Eifert, yah never know. He is already a great blocker and pass catcher, very polished TE.

We definately need a Center in this draft somewhat early. Like you said Bodine has been the weak link since he got
here and this is his last season. Need to bring in his successor who will be a clear upgrade.

Really like Core but it takes a little bit for him to get up to that great speed. A guy like John Ross is up to speed
immediately which is why i am for him. He would be such a great slant guy for us if the OL is playing bad, Andy
could just drop it off to Ross and he could take it the distance. Can't teach speed.

I think SF at #2 picks Soloman Thomas & Carolina at #8 picks Barnette....I don't see a QB picked in the top 10....but I wish SF & the Jets would both pick one.... be great news for us bengals fans...
 I just don't see a big need at WR this yr for us...although there's several very good ones....if we did have Ross in the slot....then what do we do w/ our 2nd rd pick from last yr out of Pitt....??  that's his position...same w/ Core...why draft a new WR then have one of our guys go to the bench.....?? & we just resigned Lafell...I would rather target a position that needs upgraded more.....but I understand too about BPA....no reaching to fill a hole...I know, it's complicated, & there's no right or wrong per se....we all want the same thing.....improve the team...
I want an OC in rds 2 or 3....but I say that every yr & it's ZIP.....nada....no soup for me....!!!  but this yr there's several good ones...so maybe this yr we'll upgrade that spot...seems every yr someone slides....perhaps we'll get lucky....?  my dream pick would be Thomas....but it's so unlikely I've never mentioned it out loud....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder? - Steve - 03-26-2017, 04:28 PM