Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder?
(03-28-2017, 01:40 PM)kevin Wrote: I agree with Bengals Director of Player Personnel in drafting RB Fournette at 9.  This is not the type player we have been seeing making the play-offs and drafting later.  He was in Top 10 going from high school to college.  He remains Top 10 going from college to NFL.  A rare blend of size, power and speed.  Has been compared to Larry Johnson, Elliott of Dallas and even Adrian Peterson for his size, power and speed.  Right now we are down to Hill, and I've never seen anybody able to carry the ball every play all season.  Fournette is an upgrade Bengals front office is hoping for.  With Burkhead gone and Gio injured still gimpy, there is a RB need.

If not Fournette, Foster at LB is considered the hardest hitter on D in the draft. You add him to Burfict hitting hard and we have the toughest LBs in NFL.  Atkins and Dunlap and good DBs and Foster and Burfict laying the hits and nobody wants to play the Bengals D. 

Now, if Fournette and Foster get picked before 9......that only means a top D Lineman has fallen to us.  Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen or Derek Barnett, any of these D Lineman falling to us would be great Top 10 Picks. 

Please remember people that we are drafting in the Elite Top 10. ...So stop thinking in terms of players like Mixon who are more round 2 types.  We are not picking near the end this year.  THIS IS A TOP 10 SELECT PICK. .....Fournette would be a great Top 10 Elite Pick.  Just the fact he gets compared to Adrian Peterson means this is a RB the Bengals rarely get to draft.  PAUL BROWN said it's hard to pass up a top RB, and all he did was win Championships at Ohio State, Cleveland Browns and get Cincinnati Bengals to Super Bowl.  PAUL BROWN would take Fournette at RB without a second guess.   Also it is said that to win in the AFC North you MUST have a GREAT running back.  PAUL BROWN would agree with the Bengals Director of Player Personnel and grab this rare gifted RB.

As for Cook now being mentioned.  This reminds me of Andrew Luck all season and then at draft time some started saying RG3 over Luck.....Founette has been the premier RB in the USA from high school to now and is the best blend of size, power and speed since Adrian Peterson.  Talking of Cook is like talking of RG3.  You are better sticking with time tested Luck and Fournette .  As for Mixon, anybody that takes this 2nd round player in the Top 10 does not understand the NFL draft. ....We will get a player with talent like AJ Green from high school on up in the Select 10, and give Bengals a Pro Bowl Player at another position.  Remember John Elway never won a thing until they added RB-Terrell Davis.  We will get a Top 10 pick and get back to play-offs and hopefully SUPER BOWL.

THAT is some Fournette love lol.

He could be great and he can catch the ball out of the backfield which is a must for us. I have said before that he is
probably the fastest big back since Earl Campbell, he is faster than AP was, AP was just a monster to bring down who
ran much more upright like Dickerson.

Definately for the pick.

I still want a pass rusher the most but if we could get Jordan Willis, Demarcus Walker or Takk in the 2nd, a Center in
the 3rd and Fournette in the first i would be very excited.

I must add i have not heard anything about anyone taking Mixon in the top 10, 2nd round is where i have heard this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-29-2017, 01:49 PM