Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-07-2017, 07:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why people always say this.  It is possible for Dalton to just miss a few weeks in the middle of the season.  Not every injury is season ending.

If we are really in a "win now" mode then weshiould be glad to keep McCarron.

I was speaking of a season ending scenario... But we'll go with that, most QB's who win Super Bowls either have a really good defense or a good supporting cast on offense. If Andy goes down (for just a couple weeks), we would probably be fine with or without AJ (depending on our supporting cast/defense). The reality of it is, if a backup QB feels he deserves a shot, he's not going to be here forever, he'll want to be traded, or move on after his contract is up which is what's happening with AJ, I don't think some people understand this. I promise you this. He will not be here next year. Let's take advantage of the one year left that we have with him, get (realistically) a 2nd or a 3rd and have someone else for 4-5 more years. Again, if Andy goes down for a season ending injury, we're done, AJ or not. If it's a couple weeks cool, hopefully we'll have either a really good defense and or a good supporting cast on offense to carry us without Andy and it shouldn't matter who our backup is as long as he's decent enough.. We shouldn't have to rely on AJM to be here cause he won't be next year.

One could also argue that if we were in a "win now" type mode , we would be doing what we could to gather as many picks as possible. I'm not saying having a backup QB is only worth draft picks because he's just a "bench warmer", but we need the picks this year. Just my two cents.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Bengalpool - 04-07-2017, 09:17 PM