Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-07-2017, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This can't be true.

I am not bashing McCarron, but he really has not shown a lot more potential than some rookies in this years draft.  

AJ was in his second season in 2015 and he had a fantastic offense around him.  He looked decent to good, but he did not really light it up.

I am guessing he is worth a third roiund pick.  Maybe a second, but not one of the top ten.

I take a decent second round pick for Mccarron and our fourth round pick.

The Pats think Garrapolo is the guy to take over for Brady, so I can't blame them too much.

I'm not as high on McCarron as many are.  I think he's a solid backup who can win you some games and keep your playoff hopes alive if your starter goes down for an extended period, but I don't see him as a franchise guy.  I think that with PT, he could develop into a decent game manager.  However, this is a QB driven league and there are more teams than even game manager level QB's, and teams offer jaw dropping deals for guys that are even average starters.  

Trading him for a 3rd really doesn't make much sense, because you probably net a 3rd round comp pick for him when he leaves as a FA.  That's why you can't trade him for less than a 2nd.

Hue is in desperation mode because the current Browns owner has only been allowing 2 years for HC's to right the ship.  If they don't show dramatic improvement, he's gone, and he probably doesn't want to gamble on a rookie QB from a weak class being a high level immediate starter.  He's going to use all his influence to get a deal done.  Let's face it, if there was a QB in this class that they were sold on being a franchise QB, they'd take them at #1.  McCarron is their best option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Whatever - 04-07-2017, 10:32 PM