Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-08-2017, 07:11 PM)phil413 Wrote: 1. They'll give him a 1st rd tender next year for less than 3 mil. Maybe nobody gives the 1st but the point is they're letting the market come to them vs desperation.

2. They have to think about getting on schedule for developing another guy.  Andy is their starter, get the backup groomed now.

3. The "season is over if Andy goes down" arguement is flawed as our season was over half way throgh with a healthy Andy.  Give me an OL with the pick or one of Cincy higher picks to compete for a job.  I know we should be prepared for them giving the jobs to the kids in place for better or worse, but the right move is having an extra Ellflein or Moton, even added in a trade down a few spots from 9 if value is similar.  Weak class or not, they should land an extra body by the 4th.

4. Throwing past history with 2nd round picks is interesting at first glance to some...but what does it acutely mean for this year?  Should we ask for a 4th rather than a 2nd in hopes for the next Geno?  Get proper value for AJM without being greedy if it comes, and do better at developing the talent rather than looking at track records.

Some of us do get quite impatient, i just hope we get something for the guy and disagree with the ones saying that
the 33rd pick in this draft is not enough. To me that is crazy talk. AJM played okay, probably better than any backup
we have had in a long time, but he wasn't great. His value is evidently pretty high according to this source.

I ask again, does anyone honestly think that giving the Stains AJM for the 33rd pick of the draft will hurt us while we
draft pass rushers to go along with Atkins, Dunlap and Billings? We will improve and AJM will be a stain on the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-08-2017, 07:40 PM