Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-08-2017, 07:59 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I just feel like holding on to McCarron is like holding onto a winning lottery ticket. It doesn't mean much unless you cash it in.

Listen, it's great to have a serviceable backup quarterback, but does anyone really think that McCarron is going to be the next QB of this team? Dalton is 29. McCarron is 26. If you were to give McCarron a big extension to be the next guy, then you're signing him at 28, 29, and it's not going to be cheap considering the current going rate for QBs.  

So many people complain that we're too worried about comp picks, so why worry now? Do you really think that there's no one out there who can do what McCarron does? I just feel like a backup QB is a luxury, and a team who is drafting top ten should be worried about accumulating talent who will make an impact on this team next year.

I agree we need to trade him, the argument is how much is he worth on the open market to QB needy teams?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Luvnit2 - 04-08-2017, 08:05 PM