Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-08-2017, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some of us do get quite impatient, i just hope we get something for the guy and disagree with the ones saying that
the 33rd pick in this draft is not enough. To me that is crazy talk. AJM played okay, probably better than any backup
we have had in a long time, but he wasn't great. His value is evidently pretty high according to this source.

I ask again, does anyone honestly think that giving the Stains AJM for the 33rd pick of the draft will hurt us while we
draft pass rushers to go along with Atkins, Dunlap and Billings? We will improve and AJM will be a stain on the field.

You may be too focused on AJM being a 5th rounder that hasn't played much.  It's more about what he means to the Browns.  Hue saw him firsthand.  If there is interest, they have to know Cincy values him enough to not give away especially to a rival.  When was the last time we had a young QB as an asset as well.

Cleveland can't fool themselves.  The league is QB starved, it's no longer just about looking for the next Favre and getting by with a Bobby Hebert or Steve Beurlein type...even those "bridge" guys are sparse now. So to a team like the Jets AJ would be an improvement and his field management could mean a lot to a young team.  To Cleveland it's even more.  They won't have the shot to get their QB as none are sanely able to be taken first, plus the Jets and someone leaping the Browns could nab them.  

So when they can't pry JG from NE, they have to deal with the fact that theyre shopping arounder and have only Kessler to build with.  If the thought of plugging in AJM into Hues offense isn't worth 33, they can wait til next year to start developing a QB.  They can call him a bridge if they want to, but it'll be an expensive bridge, it's going to be a great bridge tho, it's gonna b HUUUUGE, totally worth 33.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - phil413 - 04-08-2017, 10:17 PM