Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-07-2017, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/7/15218890/browns-interested-in-aj-mccarron-per-report

I know this sounds like it probably came from months ago, but this was just reported yesterday and updated today.
What might be going on is that the Browns didn't get a chance to land Garoppolo and might not be too high on the crop of QBs that they are seeing in this draft class (no surprise). Therefore, there could be more buzz happening with this than initially thought.

All of this might just be a smokescreen too or just speculation on Cabot's part, but I'm interested in seeing what (if anything) happens over the next three weeks leading up to the draft.

If the Browns offer us pick # 1, sure....Pick # 33, probably.....Pick, # 52 maybe......Pick # 65, still tempting.....Pick # 108, probably not. 

Now here are problems. AJ McCarron knows our playbook and Daltons line audibles too well. He just knows our offense and defense too well. Plus we would play him twice a year, every year and what if he gets real good and beats the heck out of us twice a year, every year.  This is why trading inside your own division is so risky.  Plus with our O line needing a lot of fixing before now and September, maybe we need a solid back-up QB in case Dalton gets clobbered. 

Still, I look for this to be McCarrons last season here.  If we can get Pick 1 or Pick 33, I would do it.  If we can get Pick 52 or Pick 65, I might still do it because there are decent QBs in the draft in mid to late rounds.  I would also make a call to RG3 and agent about being Daltons back-up at back-up QB pay.  RG3 knows Browns offense, so it's a trade off, plus we have had worse back-ups than RG3.  

So Pick 1 or Pick 33 and I trade him and get a very, very top draft pick.  Myles Garrett in a Bengals uniform, sure.  The top pick in Round 2 is like a first round pick and a ton of talent at pick 33.  ...even 52 or 65, I have to consider a trade. 

If Browns continue as they have, they will never really give McCarron much of a chance as they switch QB's 2 or 3 times in 2017 and by 2018 they will be drafting yet another QB.  In Cleveland, if you don't win the Super Bowl by third week in the season they bench you. Since it's impossible to win Super Bowl in September, this is why Cleveland has a weird revolving door of quarterbacks system. 

Really, Cleveland has so many needs they could use Pick 1, Pick 33, Pick 52, Pick 65, Pick 108 and all their picks to let Hue Jackson rebuild. The problem is they fire coaches almost as often as they change quarterbacks.  Don't be surprised if Browns don't fire Hue and he ends up back in Cincy in 2018.  The pattern would be for Cleveland to dump Hue and McCarron after 2017.  It's what they do and why they never leave last place. 

Now for the silly one. What if they offer Zeitler for McCarron ? Mike Brown would say only if they pay a big part of his highest paid guard ever salary.

For either Pick 1 or Pick 33, they could have McCarron. Maybe even Pick 52 or Pick 65 if that means we can draft an Ethan Pocic as a Center / Guard or another eye opening player pick there. If Bengals had Pick 9, Pick 33 and Pick 41 and Pick 73, man could we load up in the draft. Get RG3 on the phone and lets talk back up QB pay and not what he made at Washington, back-up QB pay.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - kevin - 04-09-2017, 03:40 PM