Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-09-2017, 01:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: As far as the backup QB goes, look up Driscoll's college career.  The Bengals felt strongly enough about him to keep him on the roster the entire season.  He was able to learn the offense last year, and will get more experience this year as a part of our OTAs.  

I'm not saying he is McCarron, but he also never had the supporting offensive cast that McCarron did, either.  I like the guy.  

True, Njoku, Cam Robinson, and McCafferty may all be gone at #33, but someone of Pro Bowl Caliber talent will be sitting there...I guarantee it.  And that player contributing is worth much more than AJM on the bench.  

There may be 1 or 2 players drafted in round  2 of the 2017 draft (in a few years from now and unlikely immediately) who make the pro bowl on 2 or 3 years, but the question is who are they? It is easy to look back and say 3 or 4 2nd round picks became pro bowl players out of one draft once we see the future, but of 32 teams the odds are poor we or any NFL team pick the right guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Luvnit2 - 04-09-2017, 05:09 PM