Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-10-2017, 11:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think many people are against trading AJ.  However, I am highly against trading him for below market value considering the fact that we control his rights for next year, and I am especially against trading him to a division rival for less than market value.  

When you look at QB trades, deaing him for a 2nd is ludicrous.  If you compare him to the Matt Schaub trade, the starting point for a trade would be AJ and #9 for #12, #33, and #52.  

The issue that I have with you logic is that AJ is hypothetically being traded to a direct competitor in this case.  QB's are the players with the highest impact on the game.  Even if AJ upgrades the Browns starting QB situation from dumpster fire to game manager, he will have a greater positive impact for the Browns than any DE, LB, RB, WR, OL, TE, or DB we take at #33 will have for us.  Yes, the Bengals would be better, but the Browns would get a lot better, and that's a poor trade.

Well said, I am for trading him for a great value, but cringe trading someone who could be a key for us if AD goes down. Some think we are rebuilding mode, I disagree. If we are were in rebuilding mode, the AD, AJ, Dunlap and Geno would all be traded. We still have a strong roster, but we need young OL to step up, guys that were drafted in 2016 like Jackson and Billings to step up and hopefully pick #9 can be an impact day one started like AJ was in 2011.

I know lots of ifs so I get the concern, but I am hopeful 2016 was not the start of a decline, that 2015 8-0 team is lurking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Luvnit2 - 04-10-2017, 11:15 AM