Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-10-2017, 11:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think many people are against trading AJ.  However, I am highly against trading him for below market value considering the fact that we control his rights for next year, and I am especially against trading him to a division rival for less than market value.  

When you look at QB trades, deaing him for a 2nd is ludicrous.  If you compare him to the Matt Schaub trade, the starting point for a trade would be AJ and #9 for #12, #33, and #52.  

The issue that I have with you logic is that AJ is hypothetically being traded to a direct competitor in this case.  QB's are the players with the highest impact on the game.  Even if AJ upgrades the Browns starting QB situation from dumpster fire to game manager, he will have a greater positive impact for the Browns than any DE, LB, RB, WR, OL, TE, or DB we take at #33 will have for us.  Yes, the Bengals would be better, but the Browns would get a lot better, and that's a poor trade.

That Matt Schaub deal is exactly why the Bengals wont get a haul like that. The last few years have seen several back up QB mega deals backfire spectacularly. The league appears to have soured a bit on that, and rightly so. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Burma - 04-10-2017, 12:03 PM