Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-10-2017, 03:05 PM)BigSeph Wrote: I would guarantee that I've watched more tape of AJM's NFL games than everyone else on this forum combined.

So don't tell me to "watch the tape" when I've gone through every single play of AJM's NFL career multiple times with other posters on this forum, and pointed out why everything you say is simply not true.

I would say that anyone with any intelligence or understanding of NFL football realizes that AJM is going to be a very good NFL QB, and given the performances of Andy vs AJ thus far in their careers, AJM has the higher ceiling.

He lacks Andy's experience in dealing with NFL defenses, and his arm is slightly worse on deep routes than Andy's.  He also lacks Andy's perpetual ability to choke in big moments.

You can't teach intangibles.

AJM will go somewhere else one day and every one of you who's been bashing him will be eating crow.  He will be a winning NFL QB.  Maybe Alex Smith level, a guy who can win games with a competent defense and offensive-minded coach.  Maybe Tom Brady level, as AJM's first year rate stats look exactly like Tom Brady's.  Nobody knows.

But there is a ceiling for AJM that Andy Dalton doesn't have, and will never have.

You're making a whole lot of assumptions which may or not be supported by evidence.  IMO, the most accurate statement you can make about him is that he did a pretty good job, considering. 

He did not set the world on fire.  Predicting he'll be good is not different that predicting he won't.  Bth are just guesses and there is evidence both ways.  And the evidence, btw, is limited at best.

He does have intangibles.  He has a lot of heart and a lot of confidence.  Being a scrapper might be his biggest asset.  His intangibles might outweigh his tangibles, though.  At this point, it's all just speculation.  There will be a lot of factors that will play into the ultimate outcome and those factors are not even established yet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - McC - 04-10-2017, 04:02 PM