Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-10-2017, 03:05 PM)BigSeph Wrote: I would guarantee that I've watched more tape of AJM's NFL games than everyone else on this forum combined.

So don't tell me to "watch the tape" when I've gone through every single play of AJM's NFL career multiple times with other posters on this forum, and pointed out why everything you say is simply not true.

I would say that anyone with any intelligence or understanding of NFL football realizes that AJM is going to be a very good NFL QB, and given the performances of Andy vs AJ thus far in their careers, AJM has the higher ceiling.

He lacks Andy's experience in dealing with NFL defenses, and his arm is slightly worse on deep routes than Andy's.  He also lacks Andy's perpetual ability to choke in big moments.

You can't teach intangibles.

AJM will go somewhere else one day and every one of you who's been bashing him will be eating crow.  He will be a winning NFL QB.  Maybe Alex Smith level, a guy who can win games with a competent defense and offensive-minded coach.  Maybe Tom Brady level, as AJM's first year rate stats look exactly like Tom Brady's.  Nobody knows.

But there is a ceiling for AJM that Andy Dalton doesn't have, and will never have.

Yeah...pet peeve of mine is comparing stats of a current generation of players to guys stats of 15-20 years ago. The NFL has changed. The rule changes, etc.

Guys throw more TD's now and put up more yards.

Look at Troy Aikman's career stats. (165 TD/141 INT) then look at a guy like Dalton (142 TD/81 INT).

Does that mean Dalton is considerably better than Aikman? No. They played in an era where the rules weren't as pass friendly.

-------------------
I think McCarron could go somewhere and be an above average Pro QB...

Dalton definitely has a stronger arm than McCarron. I don't see McCarron being able to step into a team as devoid of talent as a rookie and lead them to the playoffs like Dalton did.

Even on his Alabama teams...McCarron was a game manager on loaded teams. To think he's a sure bet to become an elite or even really good QB isn't realistic.

Do I think he could start somewhere and put up 3500-3700 yards and throw 25 TD's...YES. It's a passing league.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - THE PISTONS - 04-10-2017, 04:23 PM