Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-10-2017, 08:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: People have been proposing fairly insane trade ideas for McCarron. So I thought I would jump in the mix here instead of a whole new thread. They say that there is no way the browns would trade the #1 pick for our #9 pick and McCarron. But what about a different route? How about approaching SF? They are QB needy also...and the 49ers got a chance to see McCarron first hand when he beat them in SF.

How about there #2 pick for our #9 and McCarron? That accomplishes a couple of things. First, we are not trading McCarron to a division rival. Second, with the #2 pick we would assure ourselves of a difference making DE...either Garret if the browns inexplicably pass on him...or Solomon Thomas. If we need to sweeten the deal a little, then we can add one of our late round picks (I think a 5-7 round pick might do it). Somebody who can look up the draft pick values can do the math and see if this idea even makes sense.

I think your idea could work if we also added our 2nd round pick this year.

SF 1st round pick = 2,600 points

Bengals give our 1st = 1,350 points PLUS our 2nd = 490 PLUS AJ McCarron with say the highest 2nd round value assumed for McCarron of 580 points.

Bengals would be giving a total of 2,420 points.

* Given the way QBs are being Hoarded right now by teams, this could get us close enough in point value to get the 2nd Overall pick in round 1 for McCarron plus our 1st and 2nd round picks this year. We could kick in a 62 point 4th rounder also if needed but as long as the 49ers see McCarron as future starter material, I think a 2,420 point value would have a chance of working. QBs are like Gold right now league wide.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - depthchart - 04-11-2017, 10:46 AM