Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-10-2017, 06:44 PM)BigSeph Wrote: I don't disagree with any of this.

If AJM goes somewhere with a stud WR like AJ Green (he had Julio at Alabama) then it makes a huge difference.  If he goes to the Browns he's not going to set the world on fire.

The "game manager" label isn't really a negative term, it shows that a QB has control of the offense and keeps mistakes to a minimum.  That's important in today's NFL.

I think Chad Pennington is the floor and HOFer is the ceiling.  It all depends where he goes.  Since the Bengals can actually control that to some degree, I'm surprised they're not giving him a chance to be a starter somewhere like Cleveland, where he would be severely lacking in offensive weapons.

IF we could get the #12 from Cleveland...I'd do that trade in a second.

And I agree...that's going to be a tough spot for him to come in and succeed.

I think though that it's the Browns who won't pull the trigger. They have Osweiler and at 12 they could take their pick of Mahomes, Trubinsky, and Watson.

They could take a nice shiny rookie like Watson with flash skills to market to their fan base vs trading for McCarron.

From a PR perspective you take the shiny rookie.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - THE PISTONS - 04-11-2017, 12:45 PM