Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: AJ is not on Dalton's level.

That much is for sure right now.

If they were both on the block it would not just be noticeably different. It would not even be a race, every team needing a QB would call. 

I agree.

In 2015, Dalton helped lead this team to an 8-0 start and was 10-2 before he went down to the thumb injury very early in the Steelers game.
I'm counting the first Steelers game as McCarron's first game even though he didn't start because he played a majority of the game (32 passes vs Dalton's 5). In those 5 games (including playoffs), the Bengals were 2-3. Some might say, "Well yea, but the 3 losses came to the Super Bowl champs and another good playoff team!", but I counter with, "Fair, but the only wins came against the 5-11 Ravens and 5-11 49ers."

When Dalton was at the helm, the same Bengals team beat the following playoff-bound teams: Seahawks, Steelers, Chiefs.

Also, in regards to health, it should be noted that McCarron has missed more games due to injury in three years than Dalton has in six years. For those that may wonder what the heck I'm talking about, remember that McCarron was shelved for most of 2014 due to a shoulder injury and Josh Johnson was the backup QB at that time.

McCarron could be a solid to very good starting QB in the NFL. But anyone who is already anointing him better than Dalton is just hopeful because of the unknown. I personally think McCarron will be about the same level as Dalton or Alex Smith.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - ochocincos - 04-12-2017, 10:50 AM