Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-12-2017, 11:31 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree with this, but we also don't know what has or has not been offered for him.  I also think it is grossly unfair to compare 2015 Dalton to the five games McCarron played in 2015.  That was Dalton's fifth year as the starter, his fifth year getting all the first team reps.  I hear people say "McCarron held onto the ball too long", "he didn't go through his progression as fast as Dalton"... obviously, because it was Dalton's fifth year as the starter.  If he would have come into his first real game action as a pro and either matched or out performed our fifth year starter that would be a real problem and an indictment of Andy.

Personally, I think McCarron is going to be what Andy Dalton is... an above average NFL starting quarterback.  Is he going to be a perennial All Pro, future Hall of Fame, record setting quarterback?  No, but neither is Andy Dalton.  I also think the Browns could be a good situation for a guy like McCarron, but according to reports over the last 24 hours they seem to be falling in love with Trubisky so we may never know.

Agree mostly but believe AJM will be a step below Dalton when it is said and done. 

Like you pointed out he already does not get the same work in as Andy and if the Bengals keep him as a back up for 2 more years it will not help his cause. 

That being said the greatest job in the NFL may be a lifetime back up QB. Will still get paid and be able to walk and still chew bubblegum at the same time in your 50's. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Go Cards - 04-12-2017, 12:38 PM