Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-10-2017, 12:07 PM)Benton Wrote: Boyd started 2 games (granted, he played much more). WJ III didn't do as well.
Fisher 1 (granted, he played more). Oogie, didn't do as well.
Hill, pretty good rookie year. Dennard, played some, don't think he started any.

So, hell, you might be right. As long as it's not a first round player, looks like the guy has a chance to come in and contribute. Seems we do better lately with our seconds than our firsts, at least earlier on.

That said, I still wouldn't trade AJM. I remember living in constant fear of hearing "And coming into the game is Jordan Palmer."

There are some saying the season is over (or the game) if Andy goes down. That's not true if you have a competent backup. People can debate if he's a starter or a scrub or whatever, but we know AJM is a competent backup. As long as he's on the roster, the season isn't over, regardless of what happens to AD. I don't want to spend this season fearing the words "And coming into the game is... who the $#!% is Jeff Driskell?"

I guess i can somewhat understand this, sure is a lot better when we have that insurance at backup.

But still, if we can get an impact player that will start soon enough, i jump at that chance rather than
just letting him leave next year for nada. I like the fire in AJM but he holds onto the ball a long time.

(04-10-2017, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Nate meant more that it seems typically (at least in the Dalton era) that 2nd round picks are getting (many) more snaps out of the gate compared to their 1st round counterparts.

It seems as if the 1st round is BPA selection for the future whereas the 2nd round is more about immediate help.

That's part of the reason I think 1st round is a pass catcher and 2nd round is a DE. The other part is I believe a pass catcher will simply be BPA over a DE at 9 unless Thomas falls.

Yep, that is what i meant, way to clear it up Ocho. Cool

(04-10-2017, 02:57 PM)BigSeph Wrote: 1.  No relation.

2.  The defense played great for 3.5 quarters.  I'm not here to take anything away from the defense in that game.

3.  Of course you have no doubt that Andy would have won that game, because you're just as much of an Andy homer as I am an AJM homer.  Andy's playoff history would suggest that he would have choked badly.

4.  He drove the offense right down the field into the red zone after getting a lucky 15-yard penalty and Hill getting 12 rushing yards (this is how AJM bashers talk about AJM's performances)

1. You are clearly biased for AJM, clearly.

2. Sure sounds like you put more of that possible Playoff win on AJM's shoulders than the Defense.

3. I am no where near as much of an Andy homer as you are an AJM homer. I know and list Andy's weaknesses.
But his weakness is not holding onto the ball too long like AJM's is. AJM will have to have a very good O-line to
succeed in the NFL.

I do like McCarron's fire, i will give him that and i liked how he improved on not turning the ball over as he played
more and more. I just want us to get something for him if he is just going to leave next year for nothing.

BTW, i will gladly eat crow if he goes to some team and plays lights out. He will need a good O-line though. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-12-2017, 02:16 PM