Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
If the Bengals truly value McCarron as high as they say they do, I have to imagine it's because they believe they can repeat the 2015 regular season.

In 2015, while nearly everyone predicted the Bengals would do well, they never imagined the Bengals would start 8-0 and end up 10-2 by the first Steelers game.
They were practically guaranteed a playoff berth and working toward a first-round bye when Dalton went down with his thumb injury.
If the Bengals had a worse QB than McCarron when Dalton went down, they might not have ended up 12-4 and might not have been as close as they were to winning their first playoff game in a quarter of a century.

So the only scenario I can see is that the Bengals FO feels they can get back to that same success level this year and therefore have a much bigger value on a good backup QB that can help them possibly in the playoffs if an injury to Dalton were to occur.

I personally don't believe they have as good of a team as they had in 2015, so I think the Bengals are overvaluing McCarron, as he won't be a difference maker when it comes to winning a playoff game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - ochocincos - 04-12-2017, 03:38 PM