Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-12-2017, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since I saw MCCarron play other teams that also use zone coverage I am guessing that the problems in the second half of the Denver were not as simple as "zone defense".  If playing "zone defense" was all it took to make the '15 Broncos defense elite then every one of us cound be NFL defensive coordinators.

Ah yes....the good ol oversimplification and words in the mouth trick, and don't forget the twists and turns to dodge the question at hand.....of course, two of those zone defenses were a part of a couple of the worst teams in the league....but nevermind that, right?  Baltimore d was 24th, 9ers were 18th, but their offense was 32nd....and that d was 29th in yards allowed.  What defense did Pitt run? Hmm

FWIW, I don't recall saying that he couldn't read a zone defense.....I just said it was a struggling point for him, and that he was a bit slower reading it than most starters.  That may, or may not improve with more time behind center.  Carry on with your crusade though....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-13-2017, 10:25 AM