Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-13-2017, 11:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Look, if you can't even admit the dude has a weak arm, it exposes how biased you are...whether you realize it or not. I know what I've seen (struggles against zone, lack of pocket awareness etc), and unlike the guy who literally posts in Mac-related threads exclusively, I don't have any bias for or against the guy. The people in charge of this organization would never replace Andy Dalton barring a career ending injury or Palmer situation. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows this. So I have no fear that Mac would take Dalton's job even if he truly were capable...which he's clearly not. 

No hate for McCarron or love for Dalton influences my take. If you had a Cody Core avatar and constantly sang his praises while claiming he were a "star in the making", I'd shoot that down too.

2. Yeah. I already said that.

3. Yeah I put a "cap" on McCarron just like I've put a cap on Dan LeFevour/Jordan Palmer, and any late round WR that's been drafted over the last 10 years. People have a tendency to hype the ever loving crap out of our backups. 

If you think McCarron has no major flaws, then why was he drafted late in round 5? Why is he still a Bengal? 

1.  The "weak arm" argument was due to his performance at the combine when he still had a hurt shoulder.  

[Image: AJ2AJ.0.gif]

2.  One would have said Aaron Rodgers would have taken Favre's job his first couple years if he "truly were capable."  Or Steve Young would have taken Montana's.  You get the point.

3.  Put a cap on Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, you'd make a great NFL GM if you only relied on true studs like Akili Smith, Andre Ware, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf.

4.  McCarron has one major flaw - lack of NFL experience.  That's where Andy has the edge on AJM.  Arm strength is a non-issue, he had a 53mph throw at the combine with a bum shoulder, Dak Prescott had a 54mph throw.  Garoppalo had a 55mph throw.  Nobody's constantly bagging on their arm strength.  AJM's been working with Tom House who has improved the velocity of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Andy Dalton.  If you don't want to sound like you're completely ignorant, then stop making ignorant comments about his arm strength.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - BigSeph - 04-13-2017, 01:13 PM