Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-14-2017, 01:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They have, and Palmer had the pedigree and numbers to justify that trade. He was a proven QB still in his prime.

McCarron is a guy who was drafted in the 5th round with 5 games worth of experience. Some of it was surprisingly good. Some of it was eh. Some bad.

Positives:
The game didn't look too big for him. He came in and didn't look lost. He managed a couple wins.
He limited turnovers for the most part.
He showed solid accuracy outside of a few head scratchers.
Was equally adept under center or from shotgun. 

Negatives:
Over his last 3 games, he averaged 5.71, 5.93 and 5.17 yards per attempt. This means he was completing short throws almost exclusively.
He was sacked 15 times in only 160 attempts, fumbling 4 times
Despite holding on to the ball so much, he didn't complete many deep passes. His 3 longest gains went for 66, 47 and 37 yards. Nothing else went over 23 yards. Including the playoff game.

Was the performance in these 5 games enough to justify coughing up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a guy that every team passed on for 4 or 5 rounds just 3 years ago? Did he really raise his value THAT much after averaging 191 yards and just over 1 TD in his 4 starts?

I think aj could prove to be a competent NFL starter with experience. I don't think he would ever be elite. I think his ceiling is 16-20. He's cheap for 2 years. Given the haul that Cleveland and Tennessee got last year I think a 2 and 3 is minimum and really a pair of seconds seem reasonable for aj. I think the bengals holding out for a 1 is unreasonable. Of course that's just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - BenZoo2 - 04-14-2017, 01:10 PM