Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-15-2017, 08:31 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Yeah, excellent rebuttal to the rate stats - "the game was different" and "but Tom Brady's entire offense was crap."

Typical response on this board when it comes to AJM - aversion of facts and data, abundance of special pleading and post-hoc rationalizations.

I don't really care who you want to throw out there from recent draft classes, good luck finding one with that comp%, TD%, INT%, YPA and QB rating in their first season in the NFL.

I'm sure this is really frustrating for the AJM bashers, all these statistics in black and white.  I guess that's why people resort to ignorant comments like "he can't beat zone" and "he gets sacked too much" and "he played like crap" and "he lost us the game" and "other QBs didn't have such a great super-awesome team like AJM had."

Matt Cassel sat on the bench behind Tom Brady for 3 whole years before he was pressed into duty.  Do you really think AJM would play the same or worse than he did in 2015 if he were to take over at QB this year?

Except he's right... passing in the league was vastly different in 2001 than in 2015.

In 2015 there were 13 teams that threw for at least 4,000 yards.
In 2001? There was 1.

In 2015, there were 13 teams that threw for at least 30 TDs.
In 2001? There was 3.

In 2015 there were 15 teams with a QB Rating over 90.
In 2001? There was 4.

In 2015 there were 4 teams that threw at least 20 INT.
In 2001? There was 10.

- - - - - - - - - - -

We all know you have a constant hardon for McCarron, but the fact remains that he was surrounded by the best offensive weapons probably any Bengals team has ever had.

You say good luck finding those % numbers with someone else in their first season, I say McCarron wasn't in his first season and he was basically a game manager on a dumbed down offense on at the time, one of the most talented offenses in the NFL.

To answer your final question (as if your posts are actually anything more than constant love letters to McCarron) yes, he would do much worse than he did in 2015 if he took over this year. AJ Green is coming off an injury, Tyler Eifert had a disc removed, Gio is coming off a torn ACL, Hill still sucks, Whitworth and Zeitler are gone, Andre Smith sucks and is playing a position he's never played before, and Ogbuehi/Bodine/Fisher are starting on the three most important positions on the line.

If McCarron started for the 2017 Bengals, he would be hot garbage, and then eventually break when he held onto the ball for too long or got happy feet.

But of course I am wasting my words, because we all know you will just see "McCarron" and...

[Image: iyMWq8tPfNeiA.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - TheLeonardLeap - 04-15-2017, 09:33 PM