Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-23-2017, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...or the Bills moving up...but I could see that.

IF the Bengals wanted OJ Howard or Foster or even Cook that's the play. Maybe Mike Williams too.

I'd love to see us package some of our picks for an extra 2nd Round pick too.

Like our 3rd, 4th, and 6th for a 2nd.

Realistically 11 guys aren't going to make this team. IF we could get 3 quality guys then 3-4 more with potential I'd be happy.

Great point. The other day I was thinking about the number of draft picks the Bengals have vs spots to realistically make the team.

Plus, trading McCarron makes sense for the roster as Jeff Driskel (whom I think has a ton of potential) is the 3rd QB occupying a roster spot. I may be wrong, but Bengals haven't had 3 Qbs on the actual roster but save for one season since Marvin took over.... this last one with Driskel. I researched Jeff Driskel a lot after the Bengals acquired him. There is a TON to work with there. A TON. There is no need for AJ on the roster, and I LIKE McCarron a lot. But he's an asset to get stronger at other positions at this point. There is NO NEED for him to be on the roster.

They HAVE to move McCarron or cut Driskel (which I don't see). They have too many draft picks and only need a few quality fillers. The Bengals are still relatively young at most spots.

If they can come away with strong prospects at WR, RB, TE, OG, C, and DE for the future I just don't see what else is needed? I'm not saying thy only keep 6 draft picks, but I think they have room to spend a few picks and McCarron to maneuver up and grab serious talent. This draft is ULTRA deep along the Dline, RB, WR, Oline. There are GREAT players at these spots all along the board.

I do NOT expect the Bengals to sit at their spots and just make straight picks. They have tons of ammo to move around and there is immense of talent that fit them extremely well in the first 3 or 4 rounds of this draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - PDub80 - 04-23-2017, 04:12 PM