Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-23-2017, 12:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think when McCarron came in and didn't suck, it surprised us all...but some ran wayyy too far with that. He wasn't awesome. He was just "ok". 

For a backup, that's great. We should be happy to have him behind Dalton. For a 1st round pick or even a 2nd round pick though? With some team making him their "guy"? That's where people went too far with their excitement.

Well, his body of work is such that, if someone wanted him, it would be largely based on perceived potential.  And I still say he showed more intangibles than tangibles.  Heart and confidence are essential characteristics but so are the physical traits.

I think he could develop onto a good QB but that's based more on a feeling than a real conviction.  And I have serious doubts about his ability to really carry a team.  What kind of a draft pick is that worth?

Best case for us, a team wants to draft one of the QB's and sees AJM as the way to let the rookie sit for a year.  Problem with that is, how much would they be willing to part with for a one year stopgap. 

I also don't see anybody seeing their franchise QB in him.  That, in my opinion, requires a helluva leap of faith, the kind that get guys fired.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - McC - 04-23-2017, 07:17 PM