Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The two Mike Brown Eras - Why there is still Hope for the 2nd but time is running out
(04-25-2017, 01:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You started losing me when you said we only had 2 rosters built to make a run. 

Our playoff teams have gone...

11-5
10-6
9-7
10-6
11-5
10-5-1
12-4

I've seen too many 9-7 and 10-6 teams make a playoff run to act like it doesn't happen. We've had 4 division champs mixed in there. 4 home playoff games. The 2013 team was fantastic and had zero excuse to lose at home to a clearly inferior 9-7 team we'd already beaten on the road. We should've beaten the Steelers even with McCarron. Plus for me, it's all about the overall 0-7 record. You have to be doing something wrong to lose 7 straight playoff games. We should've lucked into a win by now.

I would absolutely love a happy ending for Mike and Marv. I kinda feel sorry for them sometimes. Almost. Plus Marv's legacy would be so much better with that monkey off his back. It's hard to look at all the evidence and feel like a happy ending is likely though. 

What I meant by the 2 rosters is more referring to the 2005 and 2015 teams as being Marvin's best teams.
They had a few other decent teams as you say but those 2 years were the Best chances.
Both 2005 and 2015 saw us lose the starting QB.

You may be right.
There may be no happy ending.
The 2015 team gave me hope that maybe the FO could actually pull it off someday.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The two Mike Brown Eras - Why there is still Hope for the 2nd but time is running out - depthchart - 04-25-2017, 01:49 PM