Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The two Mike Brown Eras - Why there is still Hope for the 2nd but time is running out
(04-25-2017, 07:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would agree with you entirely if it were not for the 2015 team which we are only 1 year removed from.

The 2015 team starts 8 and 0, gets to 1st in the Power rankings and has a leading NFL MVP candidate at the time at QB in Andy Dalton.

The loss of Dalton was a MAJOR loss and everyone knew it at the time.

Even without Dalton, the 2015 team had the eventual Super Bowl winning team the Broncos on the ropes in overtime in Denver which could have resulted in completely different Playoff seedings had we won with Dalton.

We had Big Ben and the Steelers by the Nads in the Playoff game where the Steelers Defense was able to use a completely different Strategy against McCarron than they would have used against an Experienced QB like Dalton who was playing at an MVP caliber level that season.

I would have liked to have seen the 2015 team have a chance at a Playoff run with a healthy Dalton.
Playing at an MVP caliber level as he was. Maybe they still blow it, maybe not. I can see the maybe not side as being possible.

There is more than a Glimmer of Hope here for these players and the Front Office.
More hope than we have had in 26 years.

In fact, we are only 1 year removed from a 2015 team that did something that only a small number of teams have done in NFL History.
Starting a season 8 and 0.
Historic was the word used for that start by NFL experts and others.

I see the Monkey on the Front Office's back and they deserve a certain amount of criticism on a year by year team by team basis. Lots of bad years, granted, lots of criticism deserved.

I am also Fair minded enough to view what they did create in 2015 and see that something special was happening before Dalton went down.

Like it or not, you are stuck with this Front Office for a while longer.
It can be a Gloom and Doom view or a Fair Minded view that has that little bit of Hope that they can regain 2015 form and stay healthy for a run.
2015 at the very least, showed that they are not completely incompetent as suggested.
In fact, 2015 was the MOST competence they have shown to date and maybe they have learned a few things after all.
Then, maybe not.

We have little choice but to wait and see what the current Bengals Front Office does with the time they have left.
Either wait and see or check out to follow something else.

Why hang on every move made by a Front Office that you have Zero faith in ?
You could totally take the High road by checking out until a New Owner and Coach arrives.
Make a statement and be the smartest guy in the room. Or you can watch Thursday night.

I'm hoping for a return to 2015 form and maybe a run. I may see a train wreck instead.
I'll be watching Thursday and I expect you will too. Edge of our seats to see what the Front Office does.
Maybe we are both crazy for doing it but for different reasons.

Dude...the 2015 Bengals team started 8-0 then finished 4-4. They blew a couple opportunities to be the #1 seed and get a 1st Round bye. The choke job started through the year.

Then...they get down 15-0 to the Steelers and Roethlisberger gets injured and there is an epic collapse once they rallied.

While we didn't have Dalton in the playoffs...the Steelers were without Bell and still found a way to rush for 167 yards against us. (And yes...our defense was healthy.) Yes guys off the street Touissant and Todman.

Gone from that 2015 team are Sanu, Jones, Nelson, Whitworth, Zeitler, Burkhead, Tate, Hawk, , Leon Hall, and Peko. That's quite a bit of attrition.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The two Mike Brown Eras - Why there is still Hope for the 2nd but time is running out - THE PISTONS - 04-25-2017, 08:43 PM