Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters
(07-24-2017, 07:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: New Orleans isn't a big city, but I think their Super Bowl win had some huge financial windfalls because they have wanted it for so long.  

Yeah, but the Saints stopped being the Ain'ts by getting a new owner who cared about winning and then spending years trying out different GMs and QBs until they were fortunate enough to have a HOF-caliber QB fall into their laps because the Chargers let him become a FA because he had a bad shoulder.  Similar with the Patriots.  New owner, new coaches, new GM, found a good QB in Bledsoe and developed the GOAT behind him.

They took an active hand in changing things around.  They didn't' just win because the NFL decided it had given enough trophies to the Steelers and 49ers and showered some fortune upon them.  Lordy, both teams turned it around by making the most out of the players and personnel other teams threw in away.

(07-24-2017, 07:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As much as I would like this, I would rather beat the ever loving crap out of them during the season twice, and they are so beat up that they go on to finish something like 4-12.  Watch the legion of turds jump ship faster than piggy jumps a drunk coed.  

That would be pretty sweet.  I'll you how eye-rollingly hard it was to deal with Steelers and the few Packers fans I know last year.  Halfway through the season both teams are slumping and the fanbases were saying how much they "Didn't care" about this.  Then they both make the playoffs and everyone is back on the "I never doubted them" train.  Figures.

(07-24-2017, 08:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: Meanwhile back in conspiracy-theoryland there are no laws on the books that prevent the league from fixing games and giving fans of teams such as the Bengals the shaft. 

There is also no law that says the NFL has to step in and force Mike Brown to hire a competent GM after 26 years of drought, either.  I'm not saying the Bengals aren't getting the screwjob from the NFL here, but we sure do make it easy on them to keep us down by being afraid to fire a HC who is 2-14 against the Steelers at home.  Or is keeping Marvin and Paul Alexander, and no GM for decades at a time part of the NFL's evil plan?

Is Mike Brown in on this, or is the NFL blackmailing him into sticking with a formula that clearly caps our success?  Intriguing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - car91 - 10-22-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Steve - 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Nately120 - 07-24-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - McC - 07-23-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Utts - 10-21-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Steve - 07-26-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - kevin - 07-24-2017, 01:55 AM