Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters
(07-23-2017, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, Falcons had the current best QB in the league throwing to one of the best WRs in the league within a modern NFL where a defender looks at a WR too hard and they get a 1st down and a big chunk of yardage.  I get it.  Nothing too crazy about trying that play.  It's particularly interesting to hear Bengals fans wonder why they threw the ball when we pin our latest playoff loss on being stupid enough to hand the ball to Jeremy Hill.  Different RBs, but you get my point.

With Seattle, well people never shut up about how awesome Russell Wilson is so roll him out and if nothing is open he runs for the corner of the endzone.  Standard stuff, he just forced the pass and it got picked.  It happens.  Nothing here seems too out of the ordinary to me, but we may never know.

The problem is that it most certainly does NOT have to stop.  Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown are immune to accountability.  Well, Mike Brown clearly is, and Marvin Lewis is his trusted boot-licking henchman.  We've known for years that the Bengals aren't an organization that holds itself to the same competitive standard that the Steelers do.  It sucks, but that's the way it is.  What other team can go 2-14 at home against a division rival and maintain such a consistent base of leadership?

Winning isn't as important to Mike Brown as it is to that damn Rooney clan.  We are plagued by indifference, not incompetence.

I think the Bengals made the absolutely correct choice in running the ball in that Hill pre-fumble playoff game.  The only question the Monday morning QBs could replay and argue, is WHO to hand the ball off to, not the fact that they were running it.

When yout ahead, playing against the clock, and especially way ahead like the Falcons were, HS coaches know to run, run, and then pass if you are in third and long after the two runs!

Something is rotten in Denmark and you all can keep wishing and hoping for this team in one hand, and crap in the other and see which one fills up quicker!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - car91 - 10-22-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Steve - 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - bengalguy71 - 07-24-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - McC - 07-23-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Utts - 10-21-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Steve - 07-26-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - kevin - 07-24-2017, 01:55 AM