Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters
(07-24-2017, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll weigh in on this, and I'll reflect to the same words that I've used so many times before.  Winning is an attitude, it starts at the top, with the owner, and resonates throughout the organization.  Until the front office gets hell-bent on winning a championship, the rest of the organization will continue to just do what is asked of them.

Spot on Sunset !

(07-24-2017, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: THE NFL:  We don't want the Bengals to win.

Mike Brown:  Ok, well I'll make it even easier on you and never hire a GM, I'll keep bad and mediocre coaches way too long, I'll bet the farm on Akili Smith, I'll drive Sam Wyche and Boomer Esiason out of town AND if we ever get a coach who can't beat the Steelers I'll give him a lifetime contract.  Hell, I'll even never build an indoor practice facility just to hedge my bets!

All joking aside, if the NFL is trying to keep the Bengals down then Mike Brown is in on the fix.

Ain't no doubt, Mike is the NFL's inside contact  Hilarious

(07-25-2017, 11:30 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I am late to this thread but one poster nailed the Marvin problem.  2-14 at home against the Steelers.

Completely inexcusable and should have resulted in Marvin being fired no later than the 2015 playoff  meltdown.

We will almost certainly lose two games to Steelers this year and probably a third loss if we make the playoffs and play them in first round wild card game.

If we do not lose to the Steelers in the playoffs we will lose to Houston.

Would Urban Meyer or any other coach at OSU still be there with a 2-14 home record against Michigan. Fact of the matter is no other NFL team or any major college team would still have a coach with Marvin's record against main rival or bowl/playoff record.

Any Marvin defenders out there- if any are left- cannot come close to naming a similar situation.

I hope you're wrong about the Steelers this season ! But agree with most of the rest.

(07-26-2017, 07:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You forgot to add many times right in front of the refs.

That's what kills me the most Harley. Down in the middle of the scrum stuff is gonna get missed on occasion. But I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Geno's or Carlos's jersey stretched out 3 feet right out in the open, right in front of a ref, and no flag is thrown !

It's pathetic
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - car91 - 10-22-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Steve - 07-23-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - McC - 07-23-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - bengalfan74 - 07-26-2017, 08:45 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Utts - 10-21-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - Steve - 07-26-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters - kevin - 07-24-2017, 01:55 AM