Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cedric Ogbuehi took a step forward
(08-12-2017, 11:40 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have to disagree, his first off the ball movement was good last night.. the area of weakness is his 2nd/3rd steps and keeping engaged.. if you noticed though last year his leverage of his body was bad.. his weight was out of alignment.. not centered over his knees etc.. last night his weight distribution was improved from last year... he was never totally bull rushed into the QB like last year

I think his feet were a mixed bag. He def looked good off the snap a few times. Slid with good balance. A couple other times he lunged forward and the Defender went right around him. Once i saw him extend an arm to engage an outside defender then pass him off to take someone coming inside. He didn't really get good contact on either defender. A couple times the speed just beat him outside and i saw him way off balance the one (only time i remember, may have been more) time i saw a guy feign outside and go inside. 

On the screenish type pass play to Mixon on the left, it looked like he jumped out wide to force the defender to go inside. That didn't look real good, but it could be designed that way to keep the defender away from the pass, so i gave him a pass on that particular play. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbuehi took a step forward - rfaulk34 - 08-13-2017, 02:35 AM