Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cedric Ogbuehi took a step forward
(08-13-2017, 05:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You can't say, from half of a preseason game, that he's better when he shows the same issues from a technique stand point that lead to him being a problem last year.

No, they really don't. There's a vast difference between what you are assuming I mean and what I actually mean.
I highlighted Bell because Leveon lost a lot of weight and was able to drastically change his running style because of it. 

If it were so easy to fix these problems at age 25, why are there bad OL over the age of 25?

These are fundamental problems in his game. They won't magically disappear. 

If they do, great. But I haven't seen any sign of that yet. 

Players at age 25 are basically what they are. 
Unless they drastically change their physical nature like Bell or move to a system that just uses their talents better, like Reggie Nelson from JAX to CIN, they won't change much. 

He still opens his hips and fires wide in pass pro. 
His first step in the run game is also a bit suspect, but I'll have more on that when I have more time to watch him more closely. 

These were problems at TAMU. These were problems in his first 2 years. 
At some point, it might just be who he is. 

Conversely, look at Trey Hopkins who is finally getting his fair shot. 
In college, he displayed proper footwork and hand usage. He was able to move and seal defenders in the run game and sink his hips squarely and hold blocks. 
In the pros...he's doing the same thing. He just doesn't have a ton of hype over him. 

So your saying even though his problem is technique his real problem is physically? He would have to dramaticly change physically to fix his mechanics? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbuehi took a step forward - Synric - 08-13-2017, 05:54 PM