Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cedric Ogbuehi took a step forward
(08-13-2017, 08:30 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: First run play of the game. Took a false step. Lost depth and the FB rand into him with the gap closed. 

Then the obvious one where he just didn't even touch Spence.

Another one he whiffed on a LB going to the second level. 

Those are off the top of my head. And I was only really watching vs starters for Tampa. 

As for the pass pro, sorry but I really just think you are wrong and/or looking for the wrong things. Just because the play didn't result in a sack or hit, doesn't mean he did it well. They designed the offense so he wouldn't look like shit.

I'm not even talking about the result. 

I'm talking about foot spacing, keeping his back straight and his shoulders square, then reacting to the rush while using his hands properly to control the rusher. 

No doubt he whiffed a few times. In another post i went play by play and said whether i thought he won or lost the snap. 

Considering how bad he looked last year, compared to the improvement i saw last night, i do think there's some hope that he can not be the weak link. And in the run game....i never paid much attention to him in the past here...i was very surprised how well he moved guys, considering how he's been crushed (rightly so) the last couple years. 

He's gonna miss some plays. You already know that everyone does. If he can continue to progress and cut those down...i think he'll be fine. 

P.S. for that one whiff on the 2nd level, i can think of 2 off the top of my head where he made an effective first block then took the 2nd defender out of the play.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbuehi took a step forward - rfaulk34 - 08-13-2017, 08:37 PM