Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-14-2017, 06:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I still have disagree from watching the tape, overall I don;t have a problem with his width of hands are not a problem as a whole.. his first steps are decent,, his balance overall was much better than before... as for pushing wide but then getting beat on the corner on a quick pass, you have to understand we don;t know the play call but can only assume.. on a play designed to be quick.. you want to push your man wide but don't want to get beat inside.. so what he did is fine but as i stated before,, his main area of weakness that I observed was his continuation of the play on his 2/3 step etc and going to the whistle.

I literally post video evidence and you stick your head in the sand still. Unbelievable. 

His first steps are not decent. At least 2x he didn't even make one. And other times he's so shallow that the DE has the edge before the ball is to the QB. That is a problem.

You don't have a problem with him exposing his chest and allowing defenders to dictate the play? Okay. That's good for you but you won't win many games with that. He's not strong enough to consistently be wide and muscle guys. Very few are. 

Yes we do not know and I even said it has been designed that way. He's not pushing them wide though. He's just not engaging them and hoping the ball is out. If the play IS NOT quick, he's never in position to help extend the play because he's giving up the edge automatically.  

You are missing the nuance and the reasons why this is a problem. 

This is a problem because it means we CANNOT do anything but these quick plays. 
If you choose to ignore that and think it's fine the QB can't drop in the pocket or can't extend a play that's fine. But don't complain if we struggle to throw deep or have a lot of turnovers when defenders sit on the routes because they know it has to be a quick throw. You can't have both things. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-14-2017, 06:20 PM