Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-14-2017, 09:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think that you make some valid points.  That said, some of this seems like nit picking.

I think you're spot on about his hand placement.  That is something he definitely needs to work on.

There are some times in the run game that he seems a bit tentative.  You'd like to see him finish with a mean streak.

I think you're off on the shallow drops.  The T knows what the play call is.  If the play is a 3 step drop, you want to take a shallow drop to bait the defender into taking the long way around the outside, because the only way you're giving up a sack is if you get beaten quickly inside.  Baiting the defender outside also gets him out of the passing lane so he can't bat the ball down.  On the majority of those, he baits the defender outside and washes them out past the QB and out of the play, which frankly a lot of LT's do on those short set passes.

Because of that, you can't really draw a conclusion on what's going to happen on 7 step drops and plays where the QB has to hold the ball.  Those plays aren't blocked the same.  Obviously, the gameplan was to make it as easy on the OL as they could, but as preseason goes along, we should see them take some more shots and get a better idea.

I think the play pointing out the difference between Fisher and Og is a bit unfair.  The TE on the right side forces the DE a bit wider and gives Fisher extra time to set up, and he still gets pushed closer to the QB than Ced.

There's a difference between a shallow drop and missing your landmarks. A shallow drop still has to be deep enough to stay square.
His steps are not putting him in a position to win off the snap. He's stepping almost laterally at times and that already puts him in a bad spot. He's lost off the snap if he does that. 
He's constantly having to turn and chase. That's not getting to the right spot. 

You can draw conclusions because these are not issues you see with other tackles in short drops (Fisher) 

And yes the DE was further out (by a very small amount, both DE's lined up at 9) but that's all the more reason Ced should have been ready to punch. But he didn't. He kept his hands low and didn't deliver a punch. Fisher did. It's not unfair to compare their technique. It should be virtually the same regardless of the DE alignment when it comes to your hands. 
If you need the DE extra wide to have time to punch, that's a BIG problem. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-14-2017, 09:32 PM