Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-14-2017, 08:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You were a bit rough on him on at least a couple of those clips. KUDOS for taking the time though. 

I don't disagree at all that he still has plenty of work to do. Work that you really wouldn't or shouldn't expect from a 3rd year 1st rd pick. As negative (or realistic as i like to put it) as i've been with this team (mostly coaching and FO) i see an improvement and room and ability for more improvement from him. 

I don't like to use injuries or lack of training camp/practice etc as an excuse, so i won't. He was atrocious last year. He would come out of his stance and just lean into guys like he didn't even have a set of arms and hands and he would get thrown around like a rag doll. 

As much as everyone loves to drool over Whitworth, and he was/is a great T, you can pull up any tape and find multiple times his technique was bad. Especially getting his hands wide. 

Bottom line is, he's who the Bengals are going with and he looks much better than last year. The really scary part is, when they get into the dregs of the regular season and guys get tired, if you have bad habits or muscle memory, that stuff will start to show up. 

After one silly preseason game, adding in how bad he was last year, i still feel like he has a chance to continue to get better. Sometimes it's technique schmechnique. Guys can get the job done even if they don't get it done right. It's not what anyone wants, but it's what matters. Win the snap any way possible. 

P.S. Keep in mind, you posted 13 (14 but i think one was a dupe showing him and Fisher for comparison--even though they faced different types of rushes Tongue ). That's half his snaps for the game. No biggie though. I'm glad you took the time to do this and i appreciate the opportunity to look for something that i wouldn't normally look for. Now it's on to game 2.

Which clips were I too rough on? 

Whitworth was an exception not the rule. He's a freak. And his technique with his feet was damn near flawless. He'd hit his landmarks in his sleep. 
He get wide but he'd also work his hands in. Ced does not have the benefit having the strength of Whitworth. 

What specifically looks better though? The only difference is what he's being asked to do...which is limiting what we see from the offense. 

You can look at his college tape and see the same issues in his hands, passiveness and sets. 
You see it in his tape as a pro. 
You see it now. 

That is why it matters. 
It's preseason, so results don't matter. But technique still does. Him giving up 0 sacks doesn't matter when you realize the lengths they took to make things so. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-14-2017, 09:37 PM