Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-14-2017, 11:30 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No they don't but they have other stand out traits. Ced does not. 
If he were a tough brawler with tech struggles, I'd agree with you. But he's passive to a fault. 

He didn't keep the QB upright. The scheme did. I think that's a huge distinction because when you need longer plays and you are going up against a starter for more than 2 drives, you need to know your LT can hold up. 

He wouldn't have been a 1st round pick if he didn't have any stand out traits.  

I think you personally prefer guys with that brawler attitude, and Og isn't that.  However, he doesn't have to play the way you would like him to play to be effective.

We didn't see longer plays, so we don't know if that's the case or not.  Every pass pro is a combination of the OL blocking, the receivers winning, and the QB getting the ball out fast.  I'll almost guarantee you that Whit gives up more sacks in LA that he did here.  The main thing we're looking for right now with this young OL is can we work a productive offense, and at first glance, we can.  Every team in the league uses a lot of quick passes to help the OL.  If we can do that, and we can run the ball effectively, then we can take some deep shots off play action to help the OL hold up.  Nobody expects Og to be Whit.  However, at first glance, he does not appear to the season imploder that some feared.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Whatever - 08-15-2017, 12:19 AM