Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-15-2017, 02:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Usually we mix in some intermediate throws and maybe a deep shot in preseason games. This game was exclusively lightning quick short stuff. It leads me to believe that the coaches were trying to build some confidence for this young line (Og, Fisher, Westerman). It makes sense. The offense is mostly seasoned vets that don't really need to work on much. The big question is the young line, so I can see that being a point of emphasis in the early preseason.

While I loved Royle's analysis and agree with it, I disagree that this will be our offense all season...just to protect Og. If so, why draft all the speed? I believe we'll eventually settle into our normal offense and they're probably hoping Og develops quickly. If he continues to struggle...it's going to be a long season, and instead of bombs to AJ, Ross and Malone, we're going to see Andy getting creamed constantly. 

Either way, I don't think the coaches will completely limit the offense to protect one guy. We'd be just as screwed doing that as we would be letting Og get smoked on intermediate and deep plays. In short, Ogbuehi needs a massive improvement or we're going to see a repeat of last year. Protecting him would be just as bad for the offense, so he better be ready to roll.

I think you draft the speed for the YAC potential. 
Have you seen Ross run the slant in camp? That's why.
He can get open in the needed .5 seconds  Ninja
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-15-2017, 10:19 AM