Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-15-2017, 02:44 PM)treee Wrote: It's their first live action in months. Form is something you have to maintain, not that you have or do not. Muscle memory is something you refine by repetition, so being off the field for 6 months is definitely enough to lose a little form on (not saying they're learning to walk again or anything). If they didn't have to get back in their groove as far as form goes, then what's the point of all of the position drills where they're not learning plays, but practicing form? 

You can practice form without being on the field. An OL should never have to "get into form" for hitting his landmarks. He should just be able to. 
I haven't taken a live snap of football in 10 years. 
I can still remember my landmarks. 
You could grab Whitworth or Joe Thomas in April and ask them to hit their drops, and ABC steps and they would never miss a beat.

Doesn't your last point kind of defeat the purpose of the first? 
They don't stop doing this for 6 months. If they do, then they aren't as committed to it as they should be and that's a bigger problem. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-15-2017, 02:48 PM