Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-15-2017, 02:54 PM)treee Wrote: Yea and a Joe Whtiworth or Joe Thomas have been practicing their form as a professional for over 10 years now. Of course they could do it in their sleep. Ob came into the league as a mechanically underdeveloped guy with the physical tools to succeed. If he's going to show significant improvement in that regard, it's likely going to be in his sophomore year here. I'm not ready to write him off. I'm not disagreeing that he still has a long way to go. But you seem determined to feed into the pessimism of your fellow board members, when one can logically deduce that it is still possible for him to excel this year and contribute to the team positively.

Then why do other young OL not struggle with it? Hopkins has played 1 NFL game. He didn't miss his landmarks. Fisher wasn't missing them. What is the reasoning behind that? 
You practice this stuff all year. Not just during the season. If he's missing his landmarks because he wasn't practicing them enough in the off season, then that is a greater concern than anything else I posted. 

Jesus. What is with people assuming that critiquing play equates to feeding into pessimism or wanting a player to fail. It's a critique of a player who has shown gigantic struggles in the NFL and it's looking at why he is struggling. 

(08-15-2017, 02:56 PM)Synric Wrote: It's night and day between Fisher and Ced. Of course you gotta take into account Gholston is easier to get your hands inside because of his size compared to the smaller and quicker Spence. He doesn't over extend himself and throw off his balance like he was last year. Fisher and Hopkins also beautifully pick up a stunt in the 2nd quarter.

Just in how they react in their stance is a complete difference. One comes out ready to win, the other doesn't. 
Last year Fisher often got his weight on his back leg and that opened up the inside too often, which is worse. 
It will be interesting to see if he's been able to shift his weight to his inside leg. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-15-2017, 03:06 PM