Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We start 4 guys guys that would be backups...
(08-21-2017, 01:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You can. And if we drop back 40 times...we won't get pressured 40 times. We might get pressured 10 and sacked 4. You basically need a QB who won't make mistakes under pressure.

The line not being able to run block is a big worry for me too.

I guess it's not good then that Dalton performs a lot worse when under pressure.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-metrics-that-matter-andy-dalton-struggles-under-pressure

PFF Wrote:
  • Last season, Andy Dalton posted a passer rating of 91.8. This ranked 16th-best among all 30 quarterbacks with at least 300 pass attempts.
  • When under pressure, his passer rating fell to 57.1, which ranked seventh-worst.
  • When blitzed, he posted a passer rating of 76.2, which ranked fourth-worst.
I’m not sure this is just a one-year outlier either. Since he entered the league, Dalton ranks 14th-worst in passer rating when under pressure, among all 39 quarterbacks with at least 1,000 pass attempts over that stretch.

The Bengals offensive line was responsible for 28 of the sacks of Bengals QBs last season, which ranked third-most. Our data suggest Dalton was more to blame in this category than the offensive line. As a team, the Bengals surrendered only 181 pressures, which ranked sixth-fewest. Dalton was sacked on 22.7 percent of his pressured dropbacks last season, which ranked highest among all 30 qualifying quarterbacks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We start 4 guys guys that would be backups... - ochocincos - 08-21-2017, 01:57 PM