Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We start 4 guys guys that would be backups...
(08-22-2017, 02:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Definitely agree about the issue with weight placement with Jake. One of my other big issues was how he used his hands. Too many times in college, I saw him absorbing pass rushers and not providing a good punch. This lead to some holding calls because the rusher quickly gain advantage. I haven't been able to watch closely enough during these preseason games to know if he's rectified that or not. I'm sure you have some insight there.

I agree about the intangibles with Jake as well. He demonstrates a passion for the game and a toughness in his play. Those are things that Ced didn't even show in college. And for those that are on the Ced-wagon, I'm not trying to belittle Ced in ant way...just giving my honest observation from watching him play.

His hands have made very good strides. He doesn't have a Willie Anderson punch but he's keeping them inside more. So holds don't count  Hilarious

This is shaping up to potentially be a very good OT class. So if they have ANY DOUBT about Ced by the end of the season, there's no excuse as to why they can't get the LT of the future. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We start 4 guys guys that would be backups... - RoyleRedlegs - 08-22-2017, 02:32 PM