Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: No extension for Eifert
(09-10-2017, 02:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That "one" is a big one. Even for joe blow flipping burgers. If you cant do your job.... 

Availability and reliability isnt an exclusive Eifert measurement.

I thought elbow was a fluke. I thought the pro bowl ankle was a fluke.... 

Having said that. I hope Eifert lights up the redzone this year and makes me feel good about when we tag him

12 games of Eifert > 16 games of Gresham. I'd like to believe all people would agree, but Gresh really had some big fans.

(09-10-2017, 08:26 AM)jason Wrote: I think the one thing Shake was referring to is blocking. But, yeah... It'd sure be nice to see Eifert out there all season.

Actually, Nati was right. I think some forget that Gresh was rated as a terrible blocker for years by PFF. He turned it around, but that doesn't automatically make him better than Eifert in that category.

(09-10-2017, 10:20 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not thrilled.  Eifert is a legitimate weapon.

I did find it comical that Dave Lapham went on a rant about Gresh faking injuries and letting his team down.

All the while the dude was playing through several injuries.

I also want to add that anyone who thinks Gresham was used properly here during his peak is a fool.

There were countless threads on the old boards about the lack of proper usage.

Routes that did not send him downfield/seams enough... instead just curl, outlet, and comeback stuff(and blocking as an extra lineman).

I think Lapham was basically echoing the sentiments of many within the team. The coaches didn't seem too happy with Gresh, and it seemed to me that it was more than just supposedly faking injury (or ability to play through). Remember Marv's comment that Gresh had many many many many many many many moods? I'm not exaggerating. Marvin said "many" about 8-10 times. I also didn't see any players whine or even say Gresh would be missed. 

I'd stop short of saying Gresh was a cancer, but I think it's fair to say he may not have been a locker room favorite. 

As for the proper usage thing, I think that was put to bed in AZ. Unless you think Gresh had many choices and decided to sign (twice) with a team that wouldn't utilize his supposedly great receiving skills...which obviously would hurt his value in the long haul. And why would the Bengals use Eifert correctly and not Gresh? Truth is, Eifert just has skills that Gresh did not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: No extension for Eifert - Shake n Blake - 09-10-2017, 12:53 PM