Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: No extension for Eifert
(09-10-2017, 02:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: MLJ missed 22 games in 4 years and many tantrums were thrown when he didn't get big money in Cincy. Just sayin. 

A lot hinges on this season. If he plays close to a full season, then he'll have 3 seasons out of 5 where he played at least 13 games. Suddenly his career wouldn't look so bad. Especially at a position that sees a shit ton of injuries (something people on here like to ignore).

I will give you that the TE market is a little worrisome. I'm not sure why teams are investing so much in that position when injuries are so common there. That said, the salary cap has skyrocketed since 2012 and some positions are benefiting more than others. $7 million for Gresh (an average at best player) may sound ridiculous now, but $16 million for Dalton sounded high a few years ago. Now look.

Marvin Jones played two full 16 game seasons out of 4 with the Bengals, and I think year 1 some of that was him just not being active as a 5th round rookie, no?

Eifert is having a serious surgery every year.

If Eifert plays 12+ games this year, I can't see how you let him leave this offseason, but I can't imagine giving him big money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: No extension for Eifert - TheLeonardLeap - 09-10-2017, 01:22 PM