Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: No extension for Eifert
(09-10-2017, 01:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Marvin Jones played two full 16 game seasons out of 4 with the Bengals, and I think year 1 some of that was him just not being active as a 5th round rookie, no?

Eifert is having a serious surgery every year.

If Eifert plays 12+ games this year, I can't see how you let him leave this offseason, but I can't imagine giving him big money.

Twist it whichever way you like, but ultimately MLJ missed 22 games in 4 years compared to 27 for Eifert. Not much difference. 

He missed games due to injury, not being inactive:
Marvin Jones - 
Quote:Bengals WR Marvin Jones was scheduled to receive the bulk of the snaps opposite A.J. Green before sustaining an MCL tear on the opening kickoff of Week 7.
"He was going to play a lot," said OC Jay Gruden. "We featured him all week. He was going to be the guy. It was very unfortunate." Jones can be an upgrade on Armon Binns if the Bengals continue with the plan to increase his role once he's healthy. Coach Marvin Lewis believes he has a chance to play Nov. 4 against the Broncos.

Quote:Marvin Jones (knee) still isn't practicing.
Jones was hoping to return after the Bengals' Week 8 bye, but it looks like he'll remain out another week. He remains well off the radar in redraft leagues.

He wound up missing weeks 8, 9, 10 and 11 due to the MCL tear.

If Eifert plays close to a full relatively injury-free season (and plays at his peak level), I'll feel much better about paying him what he's worth. If he can't, well...bye.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: No extension for Eifert - Shake n Blake - 09-13-2017, 01:28 PM