Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: No extension for Eifert
(09-10-2017, 01:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Marvin Jones played two full 16 game seasons out of 4 with the Bengals, and I think year 1 some of that was him just not being active as a 5th round rookie, no?

Eifert is having a serious surgery every year.

If Eifert plays 12+ games this year, I can't see how you let him leave this offseason, but I can't imagine giving him big money.

Some team with huge cap space will look to Eifert's potential and offer him good $$, taking that health gamble.
He'll get more on the open market than the Bengals will be willing to give.
The top 5 average salaries for TEs are Graham ($10 mill per), Kelce ($9.37 mill per), Reed ($9.35 mill per), Gronk ($9 mill per), and Ertz ($8.5 mill per).
Jordan Reed's is especially indicative of what Eifert will command given that Reed pulled in that kind of cash when he already had an injury-riddled career to that point. Washington paid him like the superstar he is when healthy, gambling on his injury chances.

Sure, franchise tag is a feasible short-term solution, but if he ever goes into a contract year without a new contract and isn't tagged, I'm highly confident he's leaving.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: No extension for Eifert - ochocincos - 09-13-2017, 01:41 PM