Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start
(09-28-2017, 12:27 PM)Benton Wrote: Dunno.

We heard PA (who I think I'm his last supporter) say the 2016 line couldn't get any better because the improvements needed to happen in the off-season. We had the off-season, and the line got worse. 

Brown's statement may not have been entirely directed at any single coach. Maybe it was all of them. Without any context, who knows. Maybe he was specifically referring to PA and the line. Maybe it was to Zampesse, who is already gone. Maybe it was Marvin.

I guess the only way we know for sure is to keep losing. Which, I don't want to happen. I've been Marvin's biggest critic at times and would love to have a decent HC. But I don't want to lose more games to have that happen. I remember the 90s. Losing is a culture. Once you develop it, it's hard to overcome. That's, in my opinion, a big part of our playoff issue. We have a culture where 'getting there is good enough.' 

As GM, Mike is responsible for the talent. If the problem isn't talent, then it's coaching. If it's coaching, it took Mike 15 years of Marvin to figure that out. Even longer if he is referring to Alexander. If it was Zampese, what did we learn about Zampese after Week 2 we didn't know about Zampese after Week 16 last season? As a GM/owner, Mike is responsible for the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-28-2017, 01:04 PM