Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart
(11-01-2017, 10:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well Jim O. states this in his article...
I guess we will have to agree to disagree then, because I feel the asking price for McCarron was always too high to begin with. It was only in a desperation move by the Browns at the last minute to accept such a deal. If the asking price was just a 2nd rounder (reasonable IMO), the Browns and Bengals would have likely been able to get agreement done with plenty of time left in the day and ensured the paper work was completed properly ahead of schedule. Scrambling at the last second due to desperation can sometimes result in something being missed. In this case, it was.

Don't get me wrong, a 2nd AND 3rd would have been a steal for the Bengals, but at the end of the day the deal didn't get to happen and so I think it does make sense to try and think up ways that it could have been done to ensure a trade went through that wasn't so last-minute.

The deal was done, the Browns screwed it up. The Bengals were right in holding out because they got what they wanted in the end. The fact the Browns are incompetent doesn't shift the blame here. Had it come out after that the Bengals accepted a trade for a 2nd when the Browns were willing to go up to a 2nd and a 3rd people would have lost their minds, you included.

For perspective, the Bills and Panthers came to an agreement within the last 5 minutes of the deadline and got their paperwork in. The Browns and Bengals came to one with 15 minutes left, Bengals got the paperwork in and the Browns didn't.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart - Au165 - 11-01-2017, 10:51 AM